Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sensational Vintage Magnet Board

I saw this idea on another blog and changed it a bit to my own liking.

I started with a metal grease drip pan from Wal-Mart. The sucker was huge but it made it large enough for both my kids to stand and create at it at the same time.

A few vintage books I found at a local antique mall for a buck each!


*Book lovers beware* I (so nicely and gently) ripped out the pages


This blew me away- copyrighted 1887!


Beautiful handwriting pages


I then lined the drip pan with the torn pages and mod-podged the heck outta them!



Then I neglected to take pictures of the next step- but I found some scrabble like squares at Michael's along with some round magnets and I hot glued them to each other


I found these two pressed leaves in the book and had to include it on my board.


Viola- Alphabet Magnet board!


Hung with a ribbon at boy sized height!


Sensational Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment